Integrated Development Programme (IDP) is a process by
which municipalities prepare 5-year strategic plans that is reviewed annually in
consultation with communities and stakeholders. These plans adopt an implementation
approach and seek to promote integration by balancing social, economic and ecological
pillars of sustainability without compromising the institutional capacity required in
the implementation, and by coordinating actions across sectors and spheres of
Vhembe District Municipality's IDP is charged with the responsibility to develop and
monitor the implementation of, with the support of the PIMS, the Integrated
- Plan and serve as a catalyst for development for the Vhembe District
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the IDP.
- Ensure community participation in the IDP planning processes.
Ensure the vertical and horizontal alignment or planning process i.e. planning
alignment between district municipality and local municipalities, and alignment
between municipalities and sector departments).
DPLG LED Programmes provides support in the following areas:
- Development and review of national policy, strategy and guidelines on LED;
- Providing direct and hand-on support to provincial and local government;
- Management of the Local Economic Development Fund;
- Management and Technical Support to Nodal Economic Development Planning;
- Facilitating coordinating and monitoring to donor programmes, and
- Assisting on LED capacity building processes.
Through these interventions, resources, local actors and interests are mobilised for
the sake of achieving economic growth and employment creation, and eventually